Part 3 Wedding Gown Quilt
Another close-up of the quilting. Another view of the top center of the quilt. This is after binding and reapplying the roses. I had to take the roses off while I quilted to keep the quilt flat and smooth. This is the bottom of the quilt - the train of the wedding gown. A full view - or as full a view as I could get - of the wedding gown quilt after binding. This was a long project but I think it turned out pretty well.
Comments
Your quilting is perfect Susan. I am wondering, what shape is the quilt, or did you just quilt the actual gown. It is gorgeous. WOW! Shirley
The shape of the quilt is hard to see on the photos, but it is not a rectangular shape. It is rounded at the bottom where the train of the gown was. The upper corners of the quilt are also rounded. The customer took the gown apart and sewed it back together to make it a flat piece. I believe she used part of the bodice and perhaps the sleeves of the gown stitched to the skirt. It's really amazing how it worked out so well.
Susan