Finished

The sampler quilt is finished! Yea! I'm so happy! The feather blocks were completed yesterday and today it took just 2 1/2 hours to complete the pieced blocks. This a such a pretty quilt. It's going to be hard to send it back to the customer-ha!



Now on to a new quilt. I'll put another quilt on the machine tomorrow and see what ideas crop up in my head.



I've been helping Hannah make a quilt for a friend of hers in Reeds Spring. This is an oriental quilt with dragons. Have I mentioned this before? It sounds familiar-hmmmm! Hannah gets tired of stitching the borders on the sewing machine and likes to take loooonnnngggg breaks between each border. This may take awhile to complete ;) She is fast when it comes to quilting on the longarm, though :D



Last fall I took up crocheting again. I learned to crochet when I was in elementary school and have crocheted afghans off and on over the years. Last year I made scarves, hats and mittens for the girls. Paul bought me some yarn for Christmas and I started a sweater for myself. I just finished it this morning - HA! It actually still fits, too! I may have to go out and buy some more yarn and come up with something else to crochet.



The weather has turned cool here. After a months of mid 90's, temperatures in the 60's feels cold. Sarah put on her winter coat when she went outside to play today, complete with her insulated gloves ;) She just likes wearing her gloves - she really didn't need them. I really think she was hoping it would snow!



Back to the topic of quilting - I am thinking of starting a mystery quilt. I found directions on-line for 2 mystery quilts - one that is 4 steps and another that is 5 steps. I also found a block of the month quilt that I would also like to do. Then there are all the art quilts that are in my head that I want to get started. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting