Studio Changes Part 2


Yesterday afternoon, I moved things around in my studio again. I moved the metal shelving unit onto the wall next to the cutting table to give me room to move the ironing board to the right of the sewing table.















The idea is to use the flat-panel door (propped up behind the ironing board in this photo) as a "big board" on top of the ironing board. I have to get some cleats attached to the door before it will be used, or get some sawhorses to use as legs for the door to make it more stable. I was trying to press 5 yards of 102" wide backing fabric on my regular ironing board yesterda-ugh! What a disaster!





I did finally manage to finish the pressing job and get the fabric cut and loaded onto the machine.

You may recognize this quilt. It's the blocks that I had pinned up on the design wall for months waiting to be sewn together. Once I got the folding table for the domestic sewing machine I had the incentive to get the blocks stitched together. I decided it was time to get the quilt loaded and some quilting done on it today.

I have the quilt all stablized and hope to get to the fun part - quilting designs tomorrow. I'm thing of lots and lots of feathers :) This quilt is 91 X 103" and made from a Simplicity Layer Cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting