A Quilter's Ramblings

This week has been busy with one more customer quilt completed and a 2nd one in the works. I'm also working on designing another wholecloth quilt for competition. I'm looking for something a bit different from feather designs so I've been looking at library books on Art Nouveau, Celtic designs and Victorian ornamental designs. I haven't decided which way to go yet.


One thing I haven't found locally is cotton sateen in wide widths. I don't want to piece the top, so I purchased some Robert Kaufmann Kona cotton. It's silky and smooth and I'm anxious to see how it quilts up.


Another quilt in the planning stages is a Rhapsody quilt. I have Ricky Tims book and worked on a couple of dozen (really!) patterns last year, but was not satisfied with what I came up with. This past week, in between quilting and homeschool and researching wholecloth designs, I drew more Rhapsody patterns and came up with 2 that I like. This will be a long project and I'm not counting on it being finished before next year. I'm hoping to find fabric that will inspire me at the LQS.
This is a Rhapsody design I made last year that I colored in my paint program. This isn't the design I plan to make, but it's one of the better ones I came up with last year.

My DH encouraged me to sign up for classes at MQS this year. We live fairly close - about 2-3 hours away - and I missed it last year because I had to have thyroid surgery during the Showcase :( In fact, I've missed MQS the past several years due to either surgery or some other family events going on. I've signed up for classes for 4 days, leaving me plenty of time to see the quilts and shop :) I'm really looking forward to attending this year.
The "Flight at Sunrise" quilt is still waiting for borders. I'm going to dye some fabric next week to see if I can come up with something that will work.
Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to finish one project before starting on another.
Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting