This is another small project I started over Thanksgiving weekend. I liked the coneflower quilt I started for AAQI so much that I decided to take the same idea and make it into a set of 4 placemats for a Christmas gift, although this is a single piece background.
The thread painting is done on the lilly for the AAQI quilt. I have yet to get it quilted as other priorities came up and changed my plans. I hope to get the quilting done later this week. I have a customer quilt that I need to complete first.
No thread painting on the coneflower quilt - so far. I'm still pondering that idea. I'm leaning more towards using markers first, then adding thread painting. The markers will work as some guidelines for me for the thread painting.
Both quilts will have some beading added after the quilting is done.