One Chair Completed

My grandmother's chair is finally done! I finished the upholstery this past weekend after DH replaced the broken wire pieces in the seat for me.


I like the texture in this fabric. I added piping to the back side of the chair - no photo of that. I'm debating on whether or not to add upholsterer's tacks to the back. I probably will since I have them on hand.



I replaced the foam in the seat with 2 layers of "NuFoam" and added an additional layer of batting to give the seat more cushion. It's very comfortable now.


Now to get around to reupholstering the other chair!

Comments

Linda said…
You did a great job on the chair!
Shirley said…
I wish you were closer as I have one that needs upholstering! grin. Shirley
Tennye said…
You did a great job, I have not done any upholstery work in many years, but this is lovely and I know the old owner would love to see it is in good shape and being used again.

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Simple Heart Medallion