National Star Completed

National Star is completed and home with it's owner. Here are a few photos I took after I finished binding the quilt. The photo above shows as much of a full view as I could get into the camera frame. This was a large quilt, too large to hang on any of my walls to photograph.
There was lots of cross-hatch quilting on this pre-printed wholecloth. Some of it was on the diagonal and some on the straight of grain.

It's hard to tell from the front fo the quilt, but there are grape clusters pre-printed on the wholecloth. The customer requested that I substitute my Victorian heart instead.


The photo above is the back of the quilt! You can see the Victorian hearts better here. This is a reversible quilt now, with one side being white, the other being redwork in reverse!



More Victorian hearts. McTavishing background filler was used along with a tiny stipple to bring out the faux trapunto. I used Soft and Bright batting along with 6.6oz poly batting for the trapunto. The thread is Signature 100% cotton in Parchment.
This quilt is going to be a fund raising project.




Comments

Janet said…
Wow! This is so beautiful. I am just in awe.
Janet

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Simple Heart Medallion