Petrified Colors

DD #1 says I take photos of the strangest things. I'd say she has a point at least in regards to these photos. While on our Canyon Tour, we stopped at the Petrified Forest. The kids were less than impressed. They were expecting standing, living trees. The heat didn't help their 'tudes much either! I took advantage of the hour or so that we were there snapping as many photos as I could, not only of the landscape, but also close photos of some of the petrified wood.


I love the color and texture in these pieces of wood.
I was thinking of inspiration for color combinations and textures in quilts.

None of these photos have made their way into a quilt, but maybe some day.


Comments

Barb said…
I like your pictures....but I guess to kids, all grown ups are boring??

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting