I don't have a lot of time to work on my own projects much less a large quilt for my own bed. However, this past summer I decided to redecorate the master bedroom and painted the walls using the linen wall hanging as an inspiration for a color scheme. I also reupholstered my grandmothers arm chair and purchased another chair to coordinate. That chair is still waiting for a change of upholstery fabric.
Below is a photo of my new quilt to coordinate with the paint color. I made a simple pieced rail fence out of 2 jelly rolls and added some batik fabrics to make 2 wide borders. It all went together quickly.
The quilting in the body of the quilt is a simple overall, freehand swirl using a variegated thread from YLI.
The inner border was quilted with a piano key design, and the outer border was quilted with freehand feathers.
The room is starting to come together. I need to finish the other chair and quilt the linen piece on the quilt rack. Perhaps I'll be completely finished by next summer!