Quilting Complete

I'm sooo happy! I finished the quilting this evening on my wholecloth. This is a photo of it hanging on my design wall in my studio. I'm too tired to block it tonight, so it's just hanging there and hopefully will be in a good spot to keep clean until I can rinse it and block it tomorrow.



It shrunk about 1 1/4 inches in width after all the quilting was completed. Not too bad.



The photo above is a close-up of one of the corner motifs. You can also see where I added the straight-line stitching inbetween what I had already quilted in the outer border. Now the quilting is 1/4 inch apart. The quilt is hanging pretty straight even right off the machine. I'm hoping that means it will block well and be easy to bind, and will hang straight once it's all done.

Comments

Millie said…
Susan, your whole cloth quilt is absolutely so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us where the blue markings are still on the quilt. It will be interesting to see the before and after photo.
~Millie~
Janet Hartje said…
Thanks for sharing this. It's beautiful. I've been wanting to try this too. You are inspirational. Janet Hartje
Jennifer said…
It is truly beautiful. I can't wait to see the washed results, it is going to be fantastic.
TracyC said…
You are so talented.

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting