Fall Colors








The fall colors are past their peak here in mid-Missouri, but with the help of my kids, I did manage to snap a few shots this past week.




This first photo is the red maple tree in our front yard. My oldest DD took this photo.










Here is a bush with purple berries against chartreuse leaves. This bush is at our local nature center. I probably take photos of this bush everytime we go there.















A close-up of the berries.




Thanksgiving plans are underway with ideas for cooking and baking. Apple, cherry and pumpkin pies. Roasted turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Mashed potatoes, candied yams, scalloped mushrooms, and green bean casserole. All family favorites that will be served along with a few other dishes. Not forgetting the turkey noodle soup that mom makes the day after Thanksgiving.
Then Christmas is right around the corner. I have friends who started their Christmas shopping weeks ago, and then there is me - I have just now started thinking about Christmas! This time of year always sneaks up on me and then it's over way too fast.
Time to start getting organized for the holidays!
Susan

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Susan

Beautiful fall pics! I just love the color of the berries, reminds me of Christmas.

Millie

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting