Lazy Day

We didn't do much today. Hannah had the day off school, so we decided to go visit the nature center. The MO Conservation Department has it's headquarters here in Jefferson City along with a nature center. The center is about 5 miles from our house. We spent some time inside the building looking at their exhibits of Missouri wildlife. The most impressive to me was the stuffed mountain lion. Sarah and Hannah liked the snakes-ha!

After looking inside the building, we took a walk along the nature trails. We had planned on a 1 mile walk, but it was too short for the girls once we got started. I think we covered every trail they have. We also climbed up the fire observation tower they have on display. We'll be making frequent visits to walk the trails. Next time I'll try to remember to bring my camera.

After the nature center visit, we decided to drive around the rural areas here. We are right on the edge of a very large farm so we don't have to drive far to find the country. The trees aren't changing colors yet, but when they do change it should be very pretty. There has been very little rain in this area, though. We are 6 inches behind for the year. I don't know how that will affect the fall colors. The weather has cooled down a lot. After weeks of upper 80's, it is now in the lower 60's for the high temps. Nights are in the 50's. Nice fall weather :D

I loaded a customer quilt 2 days ago and have it all stabilized. I spent yesterday and this morning working out quilting designs for the border and alternate blocks. This is a gorgeous sampler quilt. Once I get permission from the quilter, I'll post some photos. My new shipment of thread came in today, too, so I'm ready to get the machine humming once again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting