Thread Painting Project

We had a good time at the thread painting workshop on Saturday. There were 7 quilt artists in attendance and we all learned something new. This is a great group of ladies. Everyone is generous in offerring their advice and expertise in quilting, art, and machine operation.

Below is the flower I worked on during our class. It is unfinished as of now.



The flower below is one I completed before class. I added some gold metallic thread to the edges of the petals to give it some sparkle.


This flower was also completed before class. I'm still debating on whether or not the leaves need something more. It's hard to know when to stop!


This is a shot of the fabrics I am auditioning for the finished project. My plan is to cut out the flowers and leaves and make a collage of them on a background piece. I'll probably use the cream batik for the background. The purple fabric is the challenge fabric for MQS 2011. I'd like to incorporate that fabric into the quilt also. It will probably be in the border.

Comments

GerryART said…
Well, I sure enjoyed myself even if it was a little daunting working with a new technique.

Wow, what a beautiful job everyone did with their choice of fabric to thread paint.

Lots of talent.

Thanks for taking on leading our first meeting.

Had a great time ! !

Hugs,
Gerry

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting