Feather Sampler




The new batteries are in the camera at last! Now I'm able to take photos of the Feather Sampler quilt.

These are a couple of the blocks with the Filigree Feathers quilted in them.




















Here you can see the cross-hatched loops in the sashing strips.
















I have several heart filigree designs in my sketchbook. This one of several variations.

















This double heart is not one that I'm completely happy with. It still needs a bit of tweeking to make it a good feather pattern. It does make a great filigree pattern, though.















This is the quilt on my bed. The pink you see at the foot of the bed is from the 1930's repo quilt that I have had on the bed for a while now.
The plastic bag next to the night stand contains some cotton yarn I just bought to crochet dishcloths with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Susan

Your Feather Sampler quilt is absolutely breathtaking. Love the fabric too.

How big did you make the blocks?

Millie
Susan Loftin said…
Millie - Thank you for the complement on my feathers. I love quilting feathers!
The blocks in the quilt finished at 9 1/2". They are 10" layer cake blocks from Moda plus I cut additional blocks from some matching yardage.
Susan
momtofatdogs said…
Your Feathers are gorgeous. I have a Nolting 24 and I have books & books & MORE books, then DVD's and (OH YEH>>>don't forget) I have scads of templates and I STILL am too scared to do any freehand feathers on a quilt.

Sam
Beautiful job on the feather sampler. And the new blog design is very attractive.

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting