Blue Lily

The "Blue Lily" quilt I was working on last year has sat in my WIP draw for quite a while. I couldn't bring myself to quilt it because I didn't like the background. This is the second background I've auditioned with the applique. I wanted contrasting colors of blue and orange, but it just wasn't working.

Today, I pulled the applique off of the background (it wasn't fully fused yet) and started auditioning other pieces of fabrics I had in my stash. The piece that looked the best was a yellow. Here we go with yellow again! Of course, I didn't have a piece big enough to get a good idea of how the quilt would look, so I went shopping again and bought 2 different pieces of yellow. I pinned the yellow fabric up on my design wall and pinned the applique on top of that.

The piece on the left looks washed out and even though it has a small print in it, it reads as a solid, so I am going to go with the piece on the right. It isn't as bright as it looks in this photo, and the texture shows through.


Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Hawaiian Quilt Progress and a Finished Double Wedding Ring Quilt

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1